How to keep your audience engaged through re-purposing
We help a number of charities large and small to create video content for online and TV distribution. We specialize in helping to create cost effective content which informs and achieves results. As we're back in lockdown, we wanted to provide you with 4 cost-effective and easy ways we can help you create content whilst maintaining social distancing...
RE-PURPOSE OLD FOOTAGE
- Re-format existing content for different channels. Adding graphics and animations are a great way to convey your messaging simply and easily.
- Create a new video from your archived footage or photos. Make sure to utilize the online donation buttons available on social media. (for more information on this click here)
- Simply record a voice over and re-edit your old footage to create your narrative and add text graphics for fresh content.
- Animation has longevity tending to outlast video whilst keeping its relevance, so if you're thinking of showcasing what you do this should be a medium to explore.
- An animation is easily customizable for different audiences and ages.
- It allows you to convey complex information in a simplistic way.
- Animation has a wealth of benefits; once your assets are created it’s easy to reuse them for additional animations at a lower cost.
- Check out one the first animations our team created back in 2018 with the fantastic Cystic Fibrosis Trust below.
TRAIN AND INFORM
- Keep your staff informed of any news or changes during this time with content created either on your phone or with a reduced film crew.
- This film we made for UserVoice was filmed remotely and edited by ourselves, We distributed the film across WhatsApp allowing it to reach remote staff and users of the services unable to access computers.
If a project went well, why not use existing archive footage, photos of your project to inform your donors of the great work you’re doing? Don’t forget to include stats and results to share with your supporters and trusties.
- A few years old now this overview project by the Eden project re-caps on their achievements. Using a mix of old footage, text and interviews they are able to share their story and success. Does this video stand the test of time?
- Make sure you get enough content when filming for repurposing at a later date, Consider using a two camera set up to free up time for a B cam to capture extra footage such as behind the scenes, interviews with the people featured etc. to create further engagement.
A FEW FACTS
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram stories are watched with the sound on. (Instagram)
- 25% of companies publish videos every week. (Buffer)
- 75% of all videos played are on mobile devices.
-Videos on a landing page increase conversions by 80%
- 80% of users recall a video ad they have seen online in the past month.